Friday, April 27, 2012

Favorite Blog Friday #4


This week's favorite blog is Frugally Sustainable. 















Andrea caught my attention for a lot of reasons. First let her explain her world in her own words: 

 Frugally Sustainable is the story of our family’s transition out of a consumer culture into the brave world of sustainability. It’s about focusing on what’s important amidst uncertain times. It’s about returning to forgotten skills, reviving old wisdom, creating something amazing, and finding happiness.



Andrea does an amazing job of covering all aspects of being self sufficient and "frugally sustainable" from homeschooling, taking care of the home, sewing and the like, nutrition and natural life, including various herbs like:
Thyme

Or Calendula
























She covers things like homesteading, complete with information on chickens and even preparedness too. She has a ton of posts on natural remedies too. Things like a calming spray, to help get you through things like the holidays, or an herbal detangler, lip balms and even an itch relief stick! She even covers quite a few beauty related items as well, if that's your cup of tea!


One of my favorite things about her blog is Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways. 



I'll be honest here, I normally shy away from a lot of linky parties because, I mean I have two little ones in tow! I don't have time to look into every single blog and try and run my own on top of the life I have off of here. That being said, there are a few blogs that I will literally sit down and go through most, if not all of the links and this is one of them! Andrea features a few goodies and then leaves the link up open for everyone to  add their links. There is usually some great stuff on there!

If there's not enough stuff to keep you occupied here, she also has a FB page to peruse through as well. Not only does she pass along some really good information and ideas there, she is also just amazing at passing on follower or reader questions! I can't tell you how many new things I've learned by just reading the replies to some of the questions there.

So, if you're interested in becoming more sustainable, more self sufficient, take some time to check Andrea out. She's got a lot of information to share for sure! 





No comments:

Post a Comment